View Larger Map
Following onto our campaign for a second footbridge at North Sheen station, we chased up our MP, Susan Kramer, who in turn chased again Network Rail.
It has been slow progress, not for the lack of trying from Susan's office but because of inertia at Network Rail.
In the meantime, the same Network Rail is spending its money on radio ads to keep reminding us how much level crossings are. We'd rather see them actually removing level crossings or making them safer: according to them, "an average of one person a month is killed at level crossings", most likely on one of the 1,521 sited on public roads.
- Richmond Transits: Another train tragedy in waiting at North Sheen?
- Richmond Transits: Level crossing tragedy in Barnes
- Richmond Transits: Update on the North Sheen station footbridge
- Richmond Transits: Preliminary plans for North Sheen footbridge rebuffed
- Richmond Transits: Campaing for suppressing level crossings
- Richmond Transits: Richmond and Twickenham Times: Commuters see red over level crossing
- Richmond Transits: Susan Kramer's progress on North Sheen Station footbridge
- Richmond Transits: Time to remind Susan Kramer about the North Sheen Station footbridge