In my previous post (At last: the North Sheen footbridge is coming... alas, this is not what you expected!) I explained that indeed someone came up with the ridiculous idea to set the footbridge across the street, opposite the station.
See the invite below -do come to voice your ideas!
(still no word from Susan Kramer on this...)
*** EMAIL FROM THE COUNCIL ***
Erection of a footbridge to facilitate a pedestrian crossing of the railway and installation of 1 no. CCTV mast with 2 no. Cameras.
Town and Country Planning Act 1990
Town and Country (General Development Procedure) Order 1995
I write to advise you that the above application is to be considered by the Planning Committee on 1 July 2010. The meeting will commence at 6.30pm and be held in the Council Offices, York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham. The meeting is held in public and the Council has a procedure for representations to be made by members of the public and applicants to be made to the Committee: this is explained on the attached sheet. Please note that speakers should arrive at 6pm to liaise with the committee clerk.
If you would like to put your views to the Committee personally please contact the Customer Support Centre at the Civic Centre, 44 York Street, Twickenham on 0845 612 2660 so that we can register your wish to speak. You will be given a registration number which you may be asked to quote to the Committee Clerk when you arrive at York House for the meeting. If you do not register your wish to speak before 12 noon on the day before the meeting you will not be allowed to speak. The written comments you have already submitted have been included in my officer's report. Any further written comments will be accepted until noon on the day before.
Copies of the Committee Agenda and my officer's report will be available for inspection in Richmond's reference library five working days before the meeting and on the Council's website at www.richmond.gov.uk/planning. If you go to your local library to see the report on the website, it will greatly assist if you take this letter with you.
We have produced a short film to show first time speakers how the Planning Committee conducts its proceedings. The film is available in three formats, DVD, CD-Rom and VHS. Please ask for a copy in your chosen format when registering to speak. The film can also be viewed on our website.
Development Control Manager
See my previous posts on the level crossings:
- At last: the North Sheen footbridge is coming... alas, this is not what you expected!
- Richmond Transits: Join the Facebook group "Stuck at North Sheen
- Richmond Transits: Airtrack and North Sheen Crossing
- Richmond Transits: Monday Mayhem at North Sheen level crossing
- Richmond Transits: Update on the North Sheen station footbridge
- Richmond Transits: Here's the new camera at North Sheen level crossing
- Richmond Transits: Update on the update on the North Sheen station
- Richmond Transits: Susan Kramer's progress on North Sheen Station
- Richmond Transits: Another train tragedy in waiting at North
- Richmond Transits: Still waiting at the level crossing...
- Traffic pandemonium: just a sign of things to come?
- More on Manor road and Heathrow
- Richmond Transits: Level crossing tragedy in Barnes
- Richmond Transits: Update on the North Sheen station footbridge Richmond Transits: Preliminary plans for North Sheen footbridge rebuffedRichmond Transits: Campaing for suppressing level crossings
- Richmond Transits: Richmond and Twickenham Times: Commuters see red over level crossing
- Richmond Transits: Susan Kramer's progress on North Sheen Station footbridge
- Richmond Transits: Time to remind Susan Kramer about the North Sheen Station footbridge